Hello, reader - welcome to my corner of the internet, where I write about hope, create recipes, and encourage others in living well. You can find out more about me at the bottom of the page, but, in the mean time, please feel free to explore!

E X P L O R E

hope (7) savoury (5) vegan (4) sweet (2) breakfast (1)

Thursday, 27 March 2014

Brownies (with Black Beans and Oats)


 
 
I've been hearing a lot about black bean brownies lately, so I decided to try my hand at it. You can find the recipe I used here.
 
This was a really simple recipe. I used a dash of honey instead of stevia (who has stevia!) and added walnuts for some crunch. I also used a blender, as I don't have a food processor.
 
Overall, I must say that I am impressed by this recipe. The brownies taste chocolate-y and sweet! I still think classic brownies with peanut butter icing will never be beat. But I do like that you get the added nutrition of black beans and oats in a deceptively sweet treat!
 
This recipe is a win-win.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Scoop

My photo

 Kind of grew up all over. Kind of love travelling, art, books, music, loving people, tea, food from different cultures, grace, the beautiful world God has made. I enjoy all things creative. Check out Elephants are People (http://godisnotanelephant.blogspot.ca/) for my reflections on life, faith, art, and hope. Figs and Ginger (http://sheeatsfigsandginger.blogspot.ca/) is about healthy living, hope (a general theme!), and recovery.  In the mean time, if you'd like to hear do something else I love- check out http://elephantandgirl.bandcamp.com/. I'd love to hear from you!