Hello, reader - welcome to my corner of the internet, where I write about hope, create recipes, and encourage others in living well. You can find out more about me at the bottom of the page, but, in the mean time, please feel free to explore!

E X P L O R E

hope (7) savoury (5) vegan (4) sweet (2) breakfast (1)

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Green



Happy Sunday to you all! I made this shake (juice?) yesterday. Let's just say it tastes very 'medicinal'.
 
 
I liked the apple-ginger-lemon combo. The apple adds a bit of sweetness and the ginger gives you a bit of kick. And the lemon is just that nice compliment.
 
two bunches of kale
one apple
juice of half a lemon
nob of ginger (to taste)
 
I threw all of that in the magic bullet and blended. It took about ten minutes of stopping and starting and mixing to get to the right consistency. I am not a fan of the chunks!
 
Be blessed and stay healthy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Scoop

My photo

 Kind of grew up all over. Kind of love travelling, art, books, music, loving people, tea, food from different cultures, grace, the beautiful world God has made. I enjoy all things creative. Check out Elephants are People (http://godisnotanelephant.blogspot.ca/) for my reflections on life, faith, art, and hope. Figs and Ginger (http://sheeatsfigsandginger.blogspot.ca/) is about healthy living, hope (a general theme!), and recovery.  In the mean time, if you'd like to hear do something else I love- check out http://elephantandgirl.bandcamp.com/. I'd love to hear from you!