Hello, reader - welcome to my corner of the internet, where I write about hope, create recipes, and encourage others in living well. You can find out more about me at the bottom of the page, but, in the mean time, please feel free to explore!

E X P L O R E

hope (7) savoury (5) vegan (4) sweet (2) breakfast (1)

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Homemade Salmon Burgers

 
Salmon is expensive, but delicious and nutritious. I found some ground salmon at the grocery store and decided to try my hand at making these little patties.
 
Some ground salmon
1/2 fresh, bright yellow lemon
dash of pepper
dash of salt
paprika galore
1 egg
Bag of bun ( I used the flatbread thins)
romaine lettuce
dressing or hot sauce or whatever condiment you wish
mild pepper
 
I mixed the salmon with the lemon, pepper, salt, paprika, and egg. I mushed that concoction around until it seemed to be well seasoned and seasoned through out. Forming small rounds, about an inch thick, I placed the patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I then had to wait for six minutes, because I forgot to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Rookie mistakes.
 
I popped the patties in the oven, flipped them over after ten minutes, and took them out at around the 25 minute mark (they should look a little goldeny- see the photo).
 
I allowed the patties to cool, toasted my bread, washed my lettuce, sliced my pepper, and then put a little salsa dressing on the toasty bread. I assembled my sandwich. And then I took a photo for IG and my blog.
 
I ate this and it was delicious.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Scoop

My photo

 Kind of grew up all over. Kind of love travelling, art, books, music, loving people, tea, food from different cultures, grace, the beautiful world God has made. I enjoy all things creative. Check out Elephants are People (http://godisnotanelephant.blogspot.ca/) for my reflections on life, faith, art, and hope. Figs and Ginger (http://sheeatsfigsandginger.blogspot.ca/) is about healthy living, hope (a general theme!), and recovery.  In the mean time, if you'd like to hear do something else I love- check out http://elephantandgirl.bandcamp.com/. I'd love to hear from you!