Hello, reader - welcome to my corner of the internet, where I write about hope, create recipes, and encourage others in living well. You can find out more about me at the bottom of the page, but, in the mean time, please feel free to explore!

E X P L O R E

hope (7) savoury (5) vegan (4) sweet (2) breakfast (1)

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Overnight Oats

 
I follow a lovely lady on Instagram (@theghostonmyback) who always posts these delicious looking healthy breakfast treats. I tried my hand at it and improvised a little.
 
1 tablespoon chia
2 tablespoons steel cut oats
          splashes of milk (as you like, but enough to cover the oats)
1 mashed banana
a dash of vanilla (bean or essence)
handful of sliced almonds
a bit of granola
a selection of berries
figs, figs, figs
 
I mixed the chia, oats, milk, banana, and vanilla together, and left it over night in a cramped corner of my fridge. The next day, I topped the breakfast mixture with almonds, strawberries, blackberries, sliced figs, and a dash of Kashi whole grain granola (for crunch!)
 
I enjoyed this breakfast- it's not too sweet but it's satisfying! And you can add honey if you have a sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Scoop

My photo

 Kind of grew up all over. Kind of love travelling, art, books, music, loving people, tea, food from different cultures, grace, the beautiful world God has made. I enjoy all things creative. Check out Elephants are People (http://godisnotanelephant.blogspot.ca/) for my reflections on life, faith, art, and hope. Figs and Ginger (http://sheeatsfigsandginger.blogspot.ca/) is about healthy living, hope (a general theme!), and recovery.  In the mean time, if you'd like to hear do something else I love- check out http://elephantandgirl.bandcamp.com/. I'd love to hear from you!