Hello, reader - welcome to my corner of the internet, where I write about hope, create recipes, and encourage others in living well. You can find out more about me at the bottom of the page, but, in the mean time, please feel free to explore!

E X P L O R E

hope (7) savoury (5) vegan (4) sweet (2) breakfast (1)

Friday, 28 March 2014

Yukon Gold and Adirondack Blue



 
So I googled the names for these mini gold and blue/ purple potatoes- and I realized that potatoes have fun names!
 
I had this bag of assorted mini taters kicking around the pantry for a week or so, and they were starting to get a little tetchy (you know, less firm and ready to tuber all over the place!). So I decided to slice, season, and toss them in the oven for lunch.
 
 
Here they are in all their post-baking, spicy glory! I don't know if you can tell, but I like my cayenne pepper...
 
1 bag of tetchy or not so tetchy assorted and colorful taters
A few splashes of extra virgin olive oil (as much as you're comfortable with)
salt
pepper
basil
cayenne pepper
ketchup (for afters, of course)
 
I heated the oven to around 400 degrees and lined a baking tray with parchment. I halved the potatoes after a good wash under cold water and added the seasoning to taste. Tossed the them in a bit of EVOO and them placed the lot in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, flipping half way.
 
Our oven is a bit broken, so I usually have to check that nothing has caught fire or turned to ash. I know. Mental.

Just like these taters. Yum! I served them, as a side, with a black bean-corn-zucchini-carrot ratatouille casserole thing, and some romaine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

The Scoop

My photo

 Kind of grew up all over. Kind of love travelling, art, books, music, loving people, tea, food from different cultures, grace, the beautiful world God has made. I enjoy all things creative. Check out Elephants are People (http://godisnotanelephant.blogspot.ca/) for my reflections on life, faith, art, and hope. Figs and Ginger (http://sheeatsfigsandginger.blogspot.ca/) is about healthy living, hope (a general theme!), and recovery.  In the mean time, if you'd like to hear do something else I love- check out http://elephantandgirl.bandcamp.com/. I'd love to hear from you!